Our mission is to continually innovate our services, strive to improve our quality services, constantly evaluate the marketplace and maintain flexibility to address the changes in our industry.
Serving our clients is the ultimate reason for our organization’s existence. We are committed to giving each client our best efforts and providing value-added services. RKO has succeeded in achieving its original goal of developing a general practice, serving numerous industries of all sizes, and providing a full range of professional services. Our audit services comprise approximately 50% of firm revenues. Additionally, 15% of gross fees are derived from compilation, review and write-up services, and 20% of our income represents tax preparation, research and planning fees. Other consulting and financial advisory services are responsible for 15% of our total fee income.
Quality Control Review
Runyon Kersteen Ouellette participates in the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants' (AICPA) quality control review system. The 2022 review, conducted by an independent team, resulted in a rating of "pass" on the system of quality control for the accounting and auditing practice of the firm. A copy of this report can be found below. The on-site visit is part of the AICPA's quality control monitoring program for all member firms and is to be conducted every three years. Among other procedures, the Quality Review Team inspects randomly selected client files and workpapers to ensure compliance with professional standards on audit, review, and compilation engagements. Additionally, continuing education records are scrutinized, employees are interviewed, and various other administrative procedures are examined to test for adherence to all six elements of quality control as promulgated by the AICPA. The successful completion of the review marks our commitment to provide a top quality product and level of service to all clients.
Principles guiding our firm:
- Client satisfaction is our top priority.
- Employee quality of life must be maintained to ensure high productivity and commitment to teamwork.
- Profitability and growth are essential to the well being of the firm as a whole and the individuals it hopes to support.
- We operate in a regulated environment and our goal is to exceed standards in all areas, but specifically, in the areas of integrity and ethics.
- Quality is measured and monitored to ensure that clients are satisfied with our products.
- We feel that teamwork, innovation and energy are enhanced by diversity in the workforce and we seek to maintain and encourage diversity in our workforce.
- To achieve our goals of innovation, quality, and flexibility, it is essential that we commit the necessary resources to training, technology, recruiting and marketing.