RKO is hiring for the following positions: Senior Auditor/Supervisor, Staff Accountant, and Senior Tax Accountant
At Runyon Kersteen Ouellette (RKO) we use our financial expertise to help companies, municipalities, and individuals achieve long-term financial stability. Building lasting relationships through teamwork is at the core of RKO. We are committed to recruiting individuals of the highest caliber and assisting in their development, both personally and professionally. We offer a competitive salary plus a Firm commitment to maintaining balance and quality of life. Flexible/remote working options available.
RKO offers the following benefits:
- Employer contribution to health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer paid life and disability insurance
- 401(k) match after one year of employment
- Profit sharing plan
- Bonus system
- Personal and holiday paid time
RKO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are a qualified individual interested in contributing to the future success of our organization, please email your resume to Amy Chasse at [email protected]
We are seeking a senior auditor to join our South Portland office. The individual should be able to work independently and also lead small groups, solve problems and provide solutions, possess strong communication skills and leadership ability, prepare financial statements, and be committed to providing quality service.
- Coordinate audit schedules/testwork
- Development of client relationships
- Supervise staff and assist with technical issues
- Prepare audit risk assessments and audit plan
- Complete fieldwork and prepare financial statements
- Overnight travel is periodically required for accountants in this position
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least three years’ experience in public accounting specific to audits
- Governmental or Nonprofit auditing/accounting experience preferred
- CPA not required, but preferred. Candidates who do not have a CPA license should be actively working towards obtaining their license
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000.
We are seeking a staff accountant to join our South Portland office. The individual should be able to work independently and in small groups, possess a solid understanding of accounting, be able to communicate clearly with clients and senior staff, be organized and efficient, and be willing to take on multiple new tasks. Overnight travel is periodically required for accountants in this position.
Candidates should have a Bachelor’s degree. Prior experience in auditing preferred, but not required. On the job training will be provided. CPA not required, but is preferred. Candidates who do not have a CPA license should be actively working towards obtaining their license.
Senior Tax Accountant
We are seeking a senior tax accountant to join our South Portland office. The individual should be able to work independently, prepare all types of income tax returns, prepare individual and business tax projections, evaluate and research tax issues that may arise, solve problems and provide solutions, possess strong communication skills and leadership ability, and be committed to providing quality service.
Candidates should have at least 3-5 years of tax experience in public accounting. CPA not required, but is a plus. Candidates, who do not have a CPA license must be actively working towards obtaining their license.